While Palau deliberately and methodically promotes itself as an eco-friendly dive destination committed to the protection of marine wildlife including dugongs, dolphins and whales, behind the scenes it colludes with Japan to block the establishment of whale sanctuaries and reverse the ban on commercial whaling.
Such money-driven hypocrisy is unacceptable and cannot and must not be tolerated by the global scuba diving community. Join the diver-led boycott of Palau and make a difference.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE AND ACT NOW

Write Palau's government and tourism officials and demand an end to vote selling on behalf of Japan's agenda to block whale sanctuaries and overturn the ban on commercial whaling. You may use this sample letter or write your own. The letter will automatically be sent to Palau's government and tourism officials.

ACT NOW LETTER: BOYCOTT PALAU

Dear Sirs and Madam:
I was shocked and deeply disappointed to learn that your nation has colluded with Japan to block whale sanctuaries and overturn the ban on commercial whaling.
Even as you assist the Japanese in their slaughter of whales, you nonetheless use the concept of marine conservation in your ongoing promotion of your nation as an eco-friendly holiday destination - where dive travelers and tourists are invited to enjoy whale watching, dolphin encounters, and diving and snorkeling on pristine reefs.
I find these double standards hypocritical, repugnant and entirely unacceptable. You cannot be both for and against marine conservation at the same time: Which is it?
I respectfully request that government and tourism officials representing the citizens of Palau thoroughly review and reflect on your country's commitment to Japan's commercial whaling agenda.
I respectfully request that you withdraw your support of Japan's agenda to block whale sanctuaries and resume commercial whaling.
I respectfully request that you demonstrate your commitment to protecting marine wildlife within your own coastal waters by adopting sound conservation policies that reflect the positions of the world's leading marine conservation and wildlife protection organizations.
Your present stance on the killing of whales leaves me no alternative than to inform you that I will personally refrain from visiting your country or patronizing any of its tourism operations, and I will, by all means at my disposal, encourage other divers and tourists to do the same. There are many other popular holiday destinations in Oceania and throughout the world that can be visited, where government actions demonstrate a strong and consistent commitment to marine conservation and wildlife protection.
Thank you for your prompt consideration of my request, and your vigorous commitment to protecting marine wildlife everywhere.
Sincerely,
Concerned Traveler